In a recent national retirement plan survey conducted by Matthey Greenwald & Associates of Washington, D.C., employer retirement plan participants shared some interesting facts. Here is a clip of some of the key findings provided by American Century Investment Services:
- A majority of participants, particularly older participants, have at least some regret about not doing a better job saving for retirement. In fact, participants gave themselves roughly a C+ on putting money away for retirement and on investing.
- The large majority of participants across all age groups wish they had saved more in the first five years of their working lives.
- Only one in ten strongly agrees that they knew what they were doing with their investments.
- Seven in ten are at least fairly interested in having a program that would increase their savings by 1%.
- Roughly two-thirds in each age group expect the financial advisor to play a major role going forward when it comes to preparing for retirement.
Does all this make sense to you? If we can help you or someone you know have enough for retirement please give us a call now. We are ready to help.